Javier Gomez Noya wins his 5th World Champion title
Two athletes, Spaniards Javier Gomez Noya and Mario Mola were still able to take the 1st place of the Final Ranking and then becoming the 2015 World Champion. It would be a first for Mola, and it is a challenge for Gomez Noya as he has to secure a 2nd place to be sure to take the coveted title.
Javier Gomez Noya (ESP) became the most successful man in ITU World Championship history when he completed a drive for five world titles as the overall winner of the World Triathlon Series with a second-place finish at the ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Chicago.
“I think it is great. I can’t understand it yet, I sometimes can’t comprehend doing something like that in the last few years. It is just amazing,” Gomez said on collecting his fifth title. “Today I felt good, I had a great race. I felt really good on the race, I just couldn’t beat Mario he was just too strong. But I am really pleased on getting the title and on the podium”.
Nuria Picas, 3rd at Ultra Pirineu, Final of Skyrunning World Series Ultra
The Ultra Trail Running world champion Nuria Picas took the 3rd place behind Emilie Forsberg and Mira Rai at Ultra Pirineu. “Núria Picas looked like she was working hard all day long. She maintained contact for much of the race, but dropped back quickly once she was out of contention for the win. Her quickly growing gap back from the leaders may have had just as much to do with her huge lead on the women behind her”. From Irunfar.com.
- Emelie Forsberg (Salomon) — 13:39:33
- Mira Rai (Salomon) — 13:43:49
- Núria Picas (BUFF) — 14:13:01
In the Men race, congratulations to Toti Bes who crossed the finish line at the 3rd place.
Other good performances
– Crisanto Grajales (MEX) had a great race at Chicago and finished 4th. He also signs a great 7th place at the final ranking. In the women race, Barbara Riveiros (CHI) finished 16th (11th of the final ranking) and Valentina Carvallo (CHI) 48th (75th of the final ranking).
– Taylor Reid (CAN) signed a 10thplace at IronMan70.3 Cozumel.
– Yeray Duran (Spain) and Pau Capell (Spain) finished together the Marathon Pirineu in 5th and 6th place. On the Skyrunning World Serie Ultra Pirineu, Zigor Iturrieta (Spain) finished 73rd and Judith Franch Pons (Spain) 9th.